Before your online helpdesk will operate efficiently and look smart, you will need to consider the following aspects that need to be setup.
- Customisation and Branding - To make your helpdesk look like your helpdesk
- Triggers - to enable the mail notifications that tell your clients and agents about changes on support requests. These fire only on a ticket update of some sort.
- Automations - for time or value based automations, commonly used for ticket elevation, time based changes
- Macros - these will be one of the most effective parts of your helpdesk, pre-written and formatted solutions to common issues, recurring comments etc.
- Agent Setup - Automatic signatures, permissions (Managers etc)
- Groups - The different departments or support networks in your business
- Workflow - How will your support process work? Which support portals will you focus on?
- Knowledge Base - Who is responsible for generating Knowledge Base content?
For assistance in setting up your Zendesk Online Helpdesk, please open a support request.